For some companies and brands, digital marketing is still a new concept which is difficult to understand and virtually impossible to implement.
Unlike traditional marketing, digital marketing attracts potential leads and prospects through the internet, gaining visibility in front of a much larger audience. It may sound a little daunting at first, once you get familiar with the concept – it’s not difficult to understand why it is so popular.
Generally, people aspire to hire digital marketing agencies. Digital marketing agencies are quite similar to traditional marketing agencies, the only difference is that digital marketing agencies focuses on online media and leads.
So in a bid to familiarize more people with digital marketing, we thought we’ll introduce you how actually digital marketing agencies work. Also, how a project life cycle looks like in digital marketing agencies? To understand how a digital marketing agency works, you first need to get familiar with departments operated in digital marketing agencies:-
- The business development team: This team is basically a sales team that connects the company with potential customers and prospects. They bring new business and execute and handle the SLAs and the client contracts.
- Copywriting: This team works closely with the SEO team. The first step is to create content/copy for the client – the content that can be added to different blogs, websites, emails, messages and social media posts.
- Client servicing team: Also known as account managers, they generally handle the customers or clients of the company. Once the client is on board, the account managers understand the client requirements and talk to them regarding their expectations from the company. Then they create specific strategy for the client based on their requirements and expectations that is later executed by different teams.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): The SEO team or search engine optimization team helps the clients website to be visible in the search engine results. They target to receive organic and unpaid visibility and entice more clients to the website. Usually free or paid links can also be bought by the team to improve the ranking client’s website.
- Design team: Design team is generally handling the user interface of client’s website. They design their advertisements, blog post, and social media post to attract more customers for the client’s website. They are mostly connected to the SEO team and the content writers.
- Pay per click team (PPC): Paid media get’s one of the most prominent results for the customer. THe idea is to get more and more clicks on FaceBook, LinkedIn, and other social media websites. The client’s website should be prominent on the search engine result pages (SERPs). This is through which the client get’s the maximum returns on marketing investment.
- Social media team: Social media team monitors different social media sites for the client’s organization. They generally strategize , execute plans and analyse brand engagement across the social media platforms. This team also takes care of one-one interaction of influencers, potential customers, and existing customers.
- Development Team: The development team takes care of the programming, creating websites that are easily to navigate, user-friendly and get clients the best returns on marketing spends.
- The quality analysis team: Every requirement put up by the client needs to be checked , understood by this team, which is then forwards to other departments for execution. Any design, content, navigation, image, image visibility, loading time, etc is taken care by quality check department.
The teams or departments discussed above are the basic team of a digital marketing agency in Manchester. Unlike traditional marketing team, digital marketing teams work together linked to each other. Any mistake or good performance affects the other departments.